Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Unbelted

My truck started squealing and I thought the worst 

Perhaps the throwout bearing. But it was only the belt.

I had Teresa pick one up but they sent the wrong belt:

Flat and not vee. Now the long weekend had started.

I'll take off the old one to show at the shop.

I could see the two bolts to loosen to pivot the alt to get the belt off. 

The top bolt was easy, but the bottom 

Was right by a motor mount, no room to ratchet the nut.

And my hand wrench was not box. The nut was too tight.

Don't round it off!

The bolt's head was accessible.

But too tight for my ratchet or breaker bar

I rummaged the garage and found a short pipe

Slipped over the breaker, the bolt moved. 

The tough nut could be held. 

And the belt came right off. 

Lesson learned:

Never ever throw anything away.

Well the old belt can go.




1 comment:

Joe - Wednesday's Child said...

I'm with you. Please let me know if Teresa pressures you to throw anything away as you clean out the garage; I'll give it a new purpose...eventually.