Sunday, January 29, 2017

Anatomy of a Butt Dial

  You get a call from someone you know. You answer, but they don't answer back. Yet you can hear them in the background, maybe talking to someone else. You call louder, but you're like a character in "Honey I Shrunk the Kids." You're like a flea trying to call up to the giant who's about to step on you.
  You hang up and the next time you see that person you say "Hey, you butt-dialed me," or if it's a sensitive person you keep it to yourself.  The last two butt dials I got went to voicemail. Hmmm. I listened in but it was just more background chatter. What are they saying? Why are they laughing? Are they mocking me?
  There needs to be an app to amplify these conversations. I'm not a voyeur. I'm just curious. One of my fondest wishes is to be inside someone else's mind for even a minute. Do they see as blue what I call red? Is their hot my cold? Do they think it would be ok to elect a psychopath as president? I doubt there'll ever be an app for that.

If you told me 80 years ago I could take a picture of your face
while I sent a call from your butt, I would have said you were crazy.

2 comments:

Joe - Wednesday's Child said...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/carrr-matey/id514797670?mt=8

Chairman Joe said...

I may not know what you're thinking, but now I can find where I left you.