Friday, January 18, 2019

The Scrapegrace (sic) of God

   Several years ago I came across a kitchen tip that said old credit cards made good bowl scrapers. I tried it and they work well for getting out most of the leftover dough or batter in a bowl. You don't want that goop drying in the bowl. It will set like concrete. The funny thing is, when we have guests, they'll sometimes say, "Did you know there's a credit card in your sink?"
    A couple of years ago I saw an ad saying the plastic scraper was the hot new tool for the amateur chef. The ad said these scrapers were a little known secret of the pros. They were selling for five bucks. I just checked Amazon and saw that their hotness has cooled. You can get a set of three for $7.52. Available in brown. They're slightly bigger than a credit card, but I'll stick with what I have.
   Under the comments section someone mentioned President Trump was selling scrapers for $1.99 each. Trump products are usually more expensive than the run-of-the-mill, so I went to the White House website and sure enough, there were Make American Kitchens Great bowl scrapers for only two bucks. I checked out the asterisk explanation at the bottom of the page. It turns out it really is a credit card, and every time you use it, you make a 99¢ donation to the 2020 campaign. "You scrape so we can scrap!"
Just say No!

1 comment:

Joe - Wednesday's Child said...

The perfect 45 tool - every time you put it in you have to pull it out again and go home.